Connections to Practice
This course provides the following classroom connections:
- Identify the foundations of arts integration
- Distinguish between process and product
- Identify what to look for in an arts integration ladder and how to build capacity
- Investigate the differences between features and benefits of a program
- Identify who should be on your arts integration team for maximum success
- Classify what should be collected as evidence of arts integration in action
- Develop a collaborative planning strategy
- Investigate a variety of arts integration strategies
- Determine how to embed effective strategies into lesson plans
- Identify assessments that measure growth in an Arts Integration lesson
- Build a plan that fosters community participation
- Determine ways to celebrate your staff or team in a genuine way
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Investigate the gaps in your current curriculum and identify ways that arts integration can be used to strengthen those areas.
- Explore specific standards alignments that already exist and determining how to pair them in a lesson.
- Foster an empowerment to use arts integration confidently in the curriculum.
- Develop a clear understanding of the arts integration approach and how to use it effectively in the classroom.
- Cultivate a creative mindset through which to base instruction and feedback models
- Create an arts integration lesson plan
Approval Information and Requirements
While you should always follow any pre-approval requirements in your district, we have helped thousands of educators advance on their district’s salary scale and meet their relicensing requirements. Some states require that organizations be pre-approved, while others accept hours based on the certificate received. Below, find out how we meet the various requirements:
States that require pre-approval which we have achieved:
New York Teachers: Click here to review our CTLE approval and number
Pennsylvania Teachers: Click here to review our Act 48 approval and number
All other teachers: Click here to review our list of states and approval status.
The Institute for Arts Integration and STEAM is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). The Institute complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard, which is recognized internationally as a standard of excellence in instructional practices. As a result of this accreditation, The Institute is accredited to issue the IACET CEU.
Quick FAQ and Support
We want you to feel totally comfortable taking this professional development course. So if you still have some questions, we’ll be happy to answer them! View all FAQ here.
Why can’t I take this course without enrolling in the Accelerator?
Because this saves you money. Our individual courses cost the same amount as an Accelerator membership. It just didn’t make sense to keep offering these course a la carte when you could have better support and resources in the Accelerator. If you complete your course and don’t wish to continue your membership, you can always cancel at anytime.
Will the PD hours count for my school/district?
In most cases, yes! We can provide you with a certificate of hours from our organization, based on the contact hours of the course. The majority of schools and districts accept these certificates and count them towards professional development hours. We always advise you, however, to check with your own institution before taking a course – just to be sure!
None of these courses are offered with graduate credit or are affiliated with an institution of higher education. However, we do work directly with state departments of education to ensure that these professional development hours meet their requirements and high-levels of learning expectations. As such, in almost all cases, these courses can be used for continuing education requirements.
Can I use a purchase order? What if I have a group?
School districts MAY use a purchase order – please contact us for more details and let us know which course you are interested in.
Group rates are available for groups of 3 or more. Please use this group registration form to receive your discounted pricing.
How long can I access the course?
This course is self-paced, meaning you can go as quickly or as slowly as you need. We know that while you may have specific intentions for how you’ll go through your course, life can sometimes have other plans. That’s why you can take any course at any time. You’ll never have to worry about falling behind or getting registered for credit in time. Work at your own pace in your own way.
What if I have questions?
We have a great team of people who are here to support you all of the way. If you run into an issues, or even if you just need a sounding board for an idea – we’re just an email, phone call or text away.
Phone/Text: 443-821-1089 or Email us here