Sparkchasers Episode 28 | Show Notes
Learning in 2021 from a Student’s Perspective
Ever wonder what your students REALLY think about learning in 2021 during a pandemic? Tune in as I interview my middle-school daughter for an unfiltered and honest student point of view.
One of the great parts about this interview are the questions. As Emma shared, asking students for their feedback, surveying on a regular basis, and actively listening to their perspective is valued. If you’d like to interview your own students or children, try these question starters:
- How does school “look” for you this year?
- What has been most challenging for you as a student this year?
- What have you learned about yourself this year?
- What has been most exciting for you as a student this year?
- Have you been able to be creative in a virtual learning environment? If so, how?
- What are you hoping school looks like next year and beyond?
You can use a simple Google Form for anonymity or use these questions to facilitate more discussion. Either way, I hope you’ll take the chance to hear directly from students how this experience has impacted them – both in challenges and opportunities – in the past year.
Have a Question?
Do you have a question about today’s episode or need help with something? Let me know using the button below and I’ll make sure to chat about it on an upcoming episode.